The pace of change within the nation’s energy sector and demographic makeup demands that we better use our economic resources and human capital.
The Energy Workforce Division, in the Office of Minority Programs, supports entrepreneurship, innovation, and job creation for diverse communities in the high-growth energy sector and in DOE programs and research opportunities. These efforts directly support the Administration’s goals of job creation and increasing business opportunities for underrepresented communities.
Our programs and collaborations are designed to increase interest and access to energy sector opportunities. We do this through our established relationships with industry, trade associations, academia, and federal agencies.
We work with our partners to develop tools, resources, and technical assistance opportunities to increase participation in the energy economy.
Workforce Development Resource Map
The Workforce Development Resource Map is a connection point for people to jobs in the Energy Industry. Careers that support the energy Industry range from STEM and technical fields to transportation and logistics services. The energy industry is one that reaches every person and business around the nation. Find your path to a new career supporting the industry today.
Formerly Incarcerated Persons (FIP) Workforce Development Programs
The Formerly Incarcerated Persons (FIP) Map is a connection point for FIP programs for each state. The primary focus of these programs is to remove or reduce barriers to successful reentry, so that motivated individuals—who have served their time and paid their debt to society—are able to compete for a job, attain housing, support their children and their families, and contribute to their communities.
Women in Energy
The “Women in Energy” initiative aims to reduce knowledge gaps that prevent women from entering and/or advancing in the energy sector. The Women in Energy Interactive Resource Map contains workforce development programs aimed at increasing access for women to enter into the energy industry.
- Petroleum Equipment & Services Association
- WE Women in Energy- Mentorship Program
- Women's Energy Network
- Women of Renewable Industries and Sustainable Energy (WRISE)
- Advancing Women in Energy
- GCPA- emPOWERing Women
- NAPE Summit
- Association of Women in Energy (AWE)
- CERA Week- Women in Energy
- Leadership Conference for Women in Energy
- Women Leaders in Energy Fellowship
- Energy Executive Program (WBENC)
- Women in Solar Program
Veterans in Energy
DOE remains steadfast in our commitment to hire veterans, and to elevate the Department's position as a world-class, 21st Century employer. In the 2019 Best of the Best evaluations by the U.S. Veterans Magazine, DOE was listed among Top Government and Law Enforcement Agencies. The Office of Economic Impact and Diversity seeks to expand opportunities for veterans within the Department of Energy and externally within the energy industry. The Veterans in Energy Resource Map contains workforce development programs that provide veterans access to job programs spread across the United States.
Energy Affordability Resources
Energy Affordability Resource Map
Energy affordability is a critical part of the Equity in Energy initiative. The Energy Affordability Resource map is a resource for homeowners and renters to identify energy affordability programs that can assist them.
Technical Assistance Opportunities
- Lab Embedded Entrepreneurship Program
- Los Alamos National Laboratory Community & Partnerships Office
- Small Business Innovation Research Program
- DOE Office of Technology Transitions
- SBIR Road Tour
- Enhancing Minority Businesses Participation in DOE's SBIR Program
- Technical Assistance for SBIR Grant Proposal
- Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSBDU)
- Chain Reaction Innovations
- Tips on How to Best Prepare for an Event
- Diversity Toolkit
- 2019 U.S. Energy and Employment Report
- Previous U.S. Energy and Employment Reports
- Doing Business with DOE
- Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA)
- Community Benefit Agreements Toolkit
- National Utilities Diversity Council Supplier Toolkit