The U.S. Department of Energy National Community Solar Partnership (NCSP) hosts webinars and other events designed to serve as resources for partners, collaborators, and other stakeholders.
In addition to the events for the public, NCSP also holds members-only events. Join the Partnership to learn more.
Aug. 16, 1-2:30 p.m. ET: Webinar: Advancing an Equitable Solar Workforce
- The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Solar Energy Technologies Office (SETO) is hosting a webinar on the challenges and opportunities in equitable solar workforce development, efforts to improve diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the solar industry, and potential ways for solar employers and labor unions to work together to ensure quality jobs and a stable workforce. SETO will share insights from its stakeholder engagement efforts and provide an update on workforce activities and funding, including the newly announced $10 million Advancing Equity Through Workforce Partnerships funding opportunity. The webinar will also feature presentations from speakers across DOE.
Aug. 17, 2-3:30 p.m. ET: Justice40 Kickoff
- This virtual event will introduce how the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) implements the Justice40 (J40) Initiative and announce its J40-covered programs, including those funded by the historic Bipartisan Infrastructure Law. It will feature representatives from across DOE, including the National Community Solar Partnership, highlighting how their programs are already working toward J40.
Aug. 18, 3-4 p.m. ET: Webinar: NCSP Sunny Awards for Equitable Community Solar
- The Sunny Awards for Equitable Community Solar, a prize program hosted by the U.S. Department of Energy's National Community Solar Partnership (NCSP), will recognize community solar projects and programs that develop or employ best practices to increase equitable access to the meaningful benefits of community solar for subscribers and their communities. These meaningful benefits include energy burden reduction, low- and moderate-income household access, increased resilience, community ownership, and equitable workforce development. Up to $100,000 in prizes and a number of special recognition awards will be shared with prize winners. Please join NCSP to learn more about the prize program, the awards to be given, and how to nominate a community solar project or program for a Sunny Award.
Aug. 25, 2-3 p.m. ET: Community Solar Resources for Multifamily Affordable Housing Providers
- As part of an initiative to support Multifamily Affordable Housing (MFAH) providers in their efforts to accelerate deployment of community solar, the National Community Solar Partnership (NCSP) convened a group of MFAH providers from across the United States to understand and address barriers. Project partners including the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Urban Ingenuity, and Stewards of Affordable Housing for the Future (SAHF) facilitated peer exchange, provided technical assistance, and developed resources to support the sector more broadly. Join us for a webinar to explore these resources. MFAH providers, state and local agencies, and others working to advance equitable access to solar for residents of affordable housing are encouraged to attend.
Sep. 1, 2-3 p.m. ET: Webinar: Municipal Utility Community Solar Workbook Launch
- The U.S. Department of Energy National Community Solar Partnership (NCSP) is hosting a webinar to launch the Municipal Utility Community Solar Workbook. This resource, created by the Municipal Utility Collaborative, will provide guidance and resources to municipal utilities considering community solar. NCSP, the American Public Power Association, and the National Renewable Energy Laboratory invite municipal utilities and other community solar stakeholders to join the webinar to learn more about the workbook and how organizations have used these resources to develop community solar in their utility territory.
August 2, 2022: Webinar: NCSP Low-Income Community Solar Subscription Platform
The National Community Solar Partnership (NCSP) provided an overview of the goals of the new Community Solar Subscription Platform. The goal of the platform is to increase low-income customer access to community solar that lowers energy bills, while supporting low-income customer acquisition and accelerating low-income community solar development. The webinar featured an overview of the intended outcomes of the platform, spotlighted the states that will be piloting the platform, and highlighted opportunities for stakeholders to engage in the development of the platform.
This National Community Solar Partnership (NCSP) webinar provided a first look at the 2021 community solar deployment data and a deep dive into the modeling on market drivers that demonstrate how new NCSP initiatives will enable community solar to power the equivalent of 5 million households by 2025.
January 25, 2022: National Community Solar Partnership Annual Summit
The theme of the summit is ‘To 5 Million and Beyond: Community Solar’s Pathway to Success,’ which reflects the National Community Solar Partnership’s new target goal to power the equivalent of 5 million households with community solar by 2025, realizing $1 billion in energy bill savings for subscribers. This event provided information on how the National Community Solar Partnership is supporting equitable community solar deployment and how your organization can help bring affordable community solar to 5 million households, and beyond.
October 26, 2021: Three Gigawatts and Growing: Trends in the Community Solar Market
Kaifeng Xu and Jenny Heeter from the National Renewable Energy Lab, and Gabe Chan from the University of Minnesota, discussed the findings of a new market report, Sharing the Sun: Community Solar Deployment, Subscriptions, Energy Burden, and Affordable Housing Benefits. The webinar covered deployment trends across the United States and a review of the policy and deployment status of programs targeting low- and moderate-income subscribers.
September 29, 2021: Tools for Equitable Community Solar - Convening for Community-Based and Community-Focused Organizations
NCSP Slidedeck | Justice40 Slidedeck | Recording
This convening for community-based and community-focused organizations highlighted the resources and initiatives the National Community Solar Partnership and Office of Economic Impact and Diversity provide to support the equitable development of community solar. The event included an overview of the Partnership’s new, rolling Technical Assistance program and detailed instructions on how to apply.
February 24, 2021: Expanding Community Solar Access and Affordability Webinar