Prior to being issued a Digital Identity, applicants must be identity proofed during an in-person meeting with a DOE Trusted Agent. To locate a Trusted Agent, contact the EITS Service Desk: EITSServiceDesk@hq.doe.gov.
You must bring the following to your in-person meeting:
- a copy of the Subscriber Agreement form (SAF), with the blue box portion completed.
- your Federal ID Badge. If you do not have a Federal ID Badge you must bring:
- one valid government-issued picture ID (drivers license)
- one other form of ID. (picture not required, but your name must be in type (i.e. not hand written)
The DOE Trusted Agent will:
- inspect your Federal ID Badge
- add the name and number printed on the badge to your form, along with the date, and the Trusted Agent’s name and signature.
- fax the completed SAF to the PKI Support Team at 301-903-2172 (no cover sheet required)
A Notary Public can substitute for a DOE Trusted Agent if the applicant is geographically distant from the nearest Agent by:
- completing the portions of the SAF reserved for the DOE Trusted Agent, including the:
- type(s) of ID(s) presented, their corresponding unique ID number(s), and the person’s name(s) as it appears on the ID(s)
- full name
- handwritten signature
The applicant will fax a copy of the completed SAF to 301-903-2172 and mail the original SAF [with the Notary Public’s seal] to DOE HQ PKI Support.
public-key encryption and digital signature services Authentication, Confidentiality, Data integrity, Non-Repudiation
To locate a Trusted Agent, contact the EITS Service Desk: EITSServiceDesk@hq.doe.gov.
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) (also known as 2-Step Verification) RSA
Two-Factor Identify Proofing Process
RSA Token process