You are here
Records Disposition Schedules
The DOE Records Disposition Schedules provide the authority for transfer and disposal of records created and maintained by the Department. Disposition Schedules and the citations to the disposition authorities are available at the following links:
- DOE Administrative Records Schedules -- provides a list of records contained in the NARA General Records Schedule as customized to the needs of the Department and its Contractors. Citations for Disposition Authority are found in either the DOE Administrative Records Schedules for the DOE-unique items or in the NARA GRS schedules. An index to the Administrative schedules is available in PDF
- DOE Programmatic Records Schedules -- contains links to Records Disposition Schedules applicable to DOE program records. Program records document the unique, substantive functions for which an agency or office is responsible.
- DOE Records Schedules (DOERS) - were previous guidance for the retention of DOE records. The requirements of the DOERS have been incorporated into the appropriate Administrative Schedule. A Crosswalk of Schedules (pdf) DOERS to DOE Administrative Records Schedules is provided to assist the user in determining the current Disposition Authority citation for former DOERS Schedules.
- Approved Site-Specific Records Schedules - provides a listing of approved organizational site-specific schedules, which apply to records that document unique functions at a specific location. Site-specific schedules cannot be used for disposition of records at a different site without permission from DOE Headquarters and NARA.
- The disposition of certain health-related records has been Frozen Under the Epidemiological Moratorium (pdf) and do not reflect site-related exceptions.
- DOE F 243.2, Records Scheduling Request (pdf) - This form can be used to schedule previously unscheduled records or to revise old schedules.
- DOE F 243.5, Electronic Recordkeeping System Questionnaire (pdf) - This form can be used to schedule previously unscheduled systems or to revise old system schedules.