Cybersecurity Online Learning (COL) is a free online learning program offering both live and recorded cybersecurity training sessions or workshops. The live sessions are limited to 100 attendees; recorded sessions are available 2 weeks after the live session. You must possess Adobe Connect software and a .mil or .gov address to participate. COL offers:
- Free 60- to 90-minute sessions for live participation or recorded for on-demand viewing
- Exercises, labs, and demonstrations
- Downloadable reference material
- Quick access to workshops from work, personal computers, and mobile devices
- Interactive virtual environment with capability to share desktop applications, files, video, webcam, and text-based chat
- Audio via teleconference or Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
- Closed captioning
- Potential for Continuing Professional Education (CPEs) credits (contact the certifying institution)
To register or to view a list of available workshops: https://colcqpub1.connectsolutions.com/content/connect/c1/7/en/events/catalog.html#currentSearchTag=1218823 .
You must create a user account using a valid .mil or .gov email address as your User ID. The password you create will work for all future registrations. You must register separately for each workshop you wish to attend. For questions, contact the COL DOE POC at email@example.com. For additional information or technical issues, contact: CyberSec_Training@state.gov .
- Visit the COL Catalog to choose a workshop (some browsers require you to press F5/refresh to view the catalog contents).
- Filter the workshop list by clicking a category subheader (Live Workshop, Recorded Workshop, Dept of State Employees Only, All Government)
- Click the “Workshop Details” button for additional information.
- Register for a workshop by clicking “Register”/”Register Now”
- Complete all required fields and press the "submit" button (you must use your .gov or .mil email address, which will become your User ID).
- If you have already registered with COL, click the hyperlink above the registration fields that reads “If you have registered with us before, please click here,” which will redirect you to the workshop’s quick registration page, then click “Continue.” (Note: If you requested an account disablement/removal after your initial registration, you may have to register again).
- Once submitted, you will receive an automated email that confirms receipt of your request.
- The COL team processes registration requests daily; however, you may notify Cybersec_Training@state.gov if you require immediate approval. COL does not guarantee approval if your registration request is short notice, the class is full, or your request fails to meet COL requirements.
- Once your registration is approved, you will receive an email that contains a direct URL for the event.
- Use this same process to register for workshop recordings.
Once you've registered for a COL workshop, your e-mail address is added to the COL e-mail distribution list. You will receive announcements, automated workshop invitations, and last-call reminders for workshops with available seating.