The Office of Financial Policy and Audit Resolution (CF-20) establishes and maintains financial, accounting, and budgetary policies that support the execution of the Department’s mission. The Office also leads resolution of audit findings and coordination with audit organizations to improve Departmental operations.
- Establishes and maintains Department-wide policies and guidance for finance and accounting, budget, corporate business systems, and financial management at DOE sites and facilities.
- Leads coordination of Departmental policy changes with internal and external policy organizations.
- Leads DOE's resolution of audit findings and reporting on status of implementing audit recommendations.
- Coordinates audits of DOE's programs between the Department and the Inspector General (IG) and Government Accountability Office (GAO).
- Provides policy guidance and support to Departmental offices on audit resolution, coordination, and follow-up.