The Joint Electromagnetic Pulse Resilience Strategy is a collaboration between the Department of Energy (DOE) and the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) that enhances coordination and guides future efforts to help meet the growing demands for electromagnetic pulse (EMP) guidance. The Joint Strategy lays out five strategic goals to guide DOE and EPRI to minimize EMP impacts and improve resilience:
1. Improve and Share Understanding of EMP: Threat, Effects, and Impacts.
2. Identify Priority Infrastructure.
3. Test and Promote Mitigation and Protection Approaches.
4. Enhance Response and Recovery Capabilities to an EMP Attack.
5. Share Best Practices Across Government and Industry, Nationally and Internationally.
The Joint Electromagnetic Pulse Resilience Strategy is available below for downloading.