Initial funding cam from an American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) grant to the Arkansas Energy Office of the Arkansas Economic Development Commission and additional contributions have since been made by the State of Arkansas
Recommended projects include
- Building exterior weatherization, air sealing, or thermal efficiency
- Increase or improvement in building insulation
- Door, wind, or skylight replacement
- Lighting technology upgrades, or reduction of the number of fixtures
- Heating, ventilation, heat recovery, steam system and air conditioning (HVACR) replacements
- Improvements to energy control systems/sensors
- VFD motors and other energy efficiency projects
- Renewable energy technology limited to- Thermal (20 kW or smaller), Solar Hot Water (sized to the building), Ground Source Heat Pump (5.5 ton or smaller), Combined Heat and Power (sized to the building), and Biomass Thermal (3MMBTU or less with BACT installed)
Further information is available from the Arkansas Building Authority on the RLF procedures, application and agreement requirements. This link includes a presentation that provides further specifics about the program.
* A revolving loan program is one in which the loan repayments are added back into the fund. In this way, the loan program, in theory, may continue indefinitely.