Welcome to the newly-revised Quarterly Report of Lessons Learned in the NEPA process. In response to reader suggestions, we have expanded the scope of the report to provide a wider variety of NEPArelated information, and enhanced the format for better clarity and overall readability.
This Quarterly Report includes:
- A NEPA SUCCESS STORY: Environmental Impact Statement for the Safe Interim Storage of Hanford Tank Wastes
- NEPA lessons learned at the Hanford Site
- Mini-guidance on the preparation of EIS summaries, properly eliminating alternatives and impacts from detailed analysis, application of DOE NEPA regulations to procurement, and NEPA questions and answers
- Updates on the proposed amendments to DOE’s NEPA regulations, NEPA Contracting Reform Guidance and an upcoming workshop, the Federal Environmental Quality Awards program, and a Lessons Learned alert
- First quarter FY 1996 Lessons Learned Questionnaireresults, including EIS and EA cost and time reports, and the cumulative median cost of EAs