UPDATE: Presentations from the workshop are now available here.
What: 2012 Department of Energy Project Management Workshop. Please see invitation from the Director, Office of Management.
When: Tuesday and Wednesday, April 3 & 4, 2012
Where: Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, 5000 Seminary Road, Alexandria, VA 22311, 703-845-1010
Transportation: Getting to the 2012 DOE Project Management Workshop is easy!
- Driving: Directions to the Alexandria Hilton Mark Center are available at: http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/DCAAHHF-Hilton-Alexandria-Mark-Center-Virginia/directions.do
- Parking: Parking at the Alexandria Hilton Marc Center is FREE for Workshop attendees: Simply park your car in the hotel garage and when leaving tell the parking attendant you are with the DOE event. You will not be charged.
- Metro: The hotel provides a free shuttle every 30 minutes to/from the Pentagon City Mall/Metro and Washington National Airport. Please refer to the shuttle schedule. For those staying overnight at the hotel, there is also an evening shuttle every fifteen minutes to/from the King Street Metro in Old Town Alexandria!
- Metrobus: The 7M Metrobus offers direct service between Pentagon bus bay U6 and the Mark Center (the stop is across the street from the workshop hotel) every 10 minutes between 5:30 AM and 9:00 AM to the Mark Center and between 3:30 PM and 6:30 PM to the Pentagon and every 15 minutes during other times and in other directions. See the complete time table here:
http://www.wmata.com/bus/timetables/VA/07m.pdf?n. See where bus bay U6 is here:
Costs: There is no cost to attend the workshop, but out-of-town attendees are responsible for their own transportation and lodging expenses. For local attendees, free on-site parking will be available.
Theme: Communicating Progress—Celebrating Successes
Agenda: An updated draft agenda is now available. (3/2/2012)
Who is invited to Attend:
- DOE Federal Project Directors and Staff,
- DOE Program/Staff Office Representatives,
- DOE Federal Contracting Officers, and
- Contractors who have a current contract with DOE supporting project management.
- Complete the online registration form.
- Make your transportation reservations. (If traveling)
- Reserve your hotel room here. (If traveling)
- [OPTIONAL] Sign up for the PMCDP-approved course on PARS II and EVMS procedures. Additional information and registration instructions are here.
Questions? Please send any questions or comments to DOEPMWorkshop@hq.doe.gov.