The team supports efforts that promote a more sustainable environment and implements pollution prevention activities, as deemed appropriate for LM operations and approved by LM, as defined in:
- Executive Order (EO) 13693, Planning for Federal Sustainability in the Next Decade, and
- DOE Order 436.1, Departmental Sustainability
The team advocates environmentally sound waste minimization and pollution prevention practices.
- Inventory the waste stream.
- Prevent or reduce pollution and waste at their source.
- Use recycled-content products.
- Use less toxic or nontoxic products.
- Monitor and track progress on metrics.
- Maintain/implement a plan that integrates waste minimization and pollution prevention into LM activities.
- Provide employee awareness and training.
- Perform Pollution Prevention Opportunity Assessments (PPOAs).
- Maintain an information network.
- Propose and implement initiatives.