The team promotes sustainable management of LM’s electronic equipment by integrating the relevant requirements of Executive Order (EO) 13423, Strengthening Federal Environmental, Energy, and Transportation Management, and (EO) 13514, Federal Leadership in Environmental, Energy, and Economic Performance, and DOE Order 436.1, Departmental Sustainability, with LM activities, as approved by LM. The team advocates environmentally sound electronic stewardship practices.
The team uses a life-cycle approach to reduce the negative environmental impacts posed by electronic equipment. Established processes evaluate beneficial acquisition, use, and disposition of electronic equipment.
- Propose electronic stewardship goals/targets.
- Arrange separate metering or estimate usage.
- Maintain/implement a plan that integrates electronic stewardship in LM activities.
- Use the Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT).
- Develop metrics to measure performance.
- Recycle electronic equipment using qualified, reputable recyclers.
- Report performance regularly.
- Promote team awareness and training for LM and contractor employees.