To fulfill the Department's post-closure responsibilities and ensure the future protection of human health and the environment. Legacy Management has control and custody for legacy land, structures, and facilities and is responsible for maintaining them at levels consistent with Departmental long-term plans.
- Protects human health and the environment through effective and efficient long-term surveillance and maintenance
- Preserves, protects, and makes accessible legacy records and information
- Supports an effective and efficient work force structured to accomplish departmental missions
- Implements departmental policy concerning continuity of worker pension and medical benefits
- Manages legacy land and assets, emphasizing safety, reuse, and disposition
- Mitigates community impacts resulting from the cleanup of legacy waste and changing departmental missions
- Actively acts as liaison and coordinates all policy issues with appropriate departmental organizations
- Goal 1 - Protect human health and the environment
- Goal 2 - Preserve, protect, and share records and information
- Goal 3 - Safeguard former contractor workers’ retirement benefits.
- Goal 4 - Sustainably manage and optimize the use of land and assets
- Goal 5 - Sustain management excellence
- Goal 6 - Engage the public, governments, and interested parties