You are here


Transfer means a change of an employee, from one Federal government branch (executive, legislative, judicial) to another or from one agency to another without a break in service of 1 full work day. 

Below are a few tips to better assist you when you transer agencies:

  • If you have any dependents you must complete a standard Form 2809 during new employee orientation as this information does not transfer over automatically.  You will not be able to change your coverage until open season or a life changing event occurs. 
  • At the time of new employee orientation you must provide your most recent leave and earning statement (LES) so that your leave may be updated accordingly. If you do not provide us with this document it will take approximately 6 weeks before your annual and sick leave is updated.