Cincinnati - The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) today announced the award of an Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (ID/IQ) contract to IEI-PEC, JV, of Lincoln, Nebraska. IEI-PEC, JV is a small-disadvantaged business under the Small Business Administration’s 8(a) Program. The contract will have a maximum value of $4 Million over four years. Firm-fixed-price and time and material task orders will be issued from the basic contract.
The contractor will provide support services to the Office of Environmental Management (EM) headquarters in Washington, D.C. and Germantown, MD, and various locations across the EM complex.
The support services include:
- Providing Waste Disposal Data to Manifest Information Management System
- Developing the Integrated Waste and Material Disposal System
- Technical/Subject Matter Expert (SME) Support
- Support for the U.S. Interagency Working Group for the Joint Convention on the Safety of Spent Fuel Management and on the Safety of Radioactive Waste Management
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Responsibilities
- Technical, Regulatory, and Programmatic Support
- Quality Assurance
- Business and Administrative Support
- Engineering Technical Reviews (ETRs) and Technology Readiness Assessments (TRAs)
- Support for the EM International Program
- Low-Level Waste Disposal Facility Federal Review Group (LFRG) and DOE Order 435.1 Responsibilities
The mission of the Office of Environmental Management is to complete the safe cleanup of the environmental legacy brought about from five decades of nuclear weapons development and government-sponsored nuclear energy research.