Cincinnati - The Department of Energy (DOE) today awarded a contract to Terranear PMC of Irving, TX, a small-disadvantaged business under the Small Business Administration’s 8(a) Program for waste handling services at the Los Alamos National Laboratory in Los Alamos, New Mexico. The contract has a one-year performance period with a $2 million approximate value.
The contract will be an Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (ID/IQ) contract, under which firm-fixed-price task orders will be issued for specific services.
The work to be performed on the task orders include:
- Locating and mobilizing bins and consumable items for use as waste containers
- Providing on-site logistical support for bin movement activities
- Providing inventory support for tracking the bins’ location
- Preparing treatment, storage, and disposal facility profiles
- Verifying waste acceptability for offsite disposal options
- Providing treatment and disposal pricing for options and waste categories
- Shipping containers to designated transportation, storage, and disposal facilities
- Demobilizing the bins upon completion of work