- All persons with access to RD to receive training on the authorities required to classify and declassify RD and FRD information and documents and on handling procedures, and
- Persons who classify documents containing RD or FRD to receive training on the procedures for classifying, declassifying, marking and handling RD and FRD information and documents.
The two briefings below fulfill those training requirements. However, please note that completion of the RD Classifiers Course does not, itself, grant authority to classify RD documents. The procedures for receiving authority to classify documents containing RD and FRD are unique to each agency and are contained in Agency implementing directives. Contact your RD Management Official for additional information. If you do not know who your RD Management Official is, contact the Office of Classification's Outreach Program at (301) 903-7567 or email@example.com.
- Classification of Nuclear Weapons-Related Information, Restricted Data and Formerly Restricted Data - June 2014. For persons with access to Restricted Data and Formerly Restricted Data
- Restricted Data Classifiers Course - March 2013. For persons who classify documents containing RD or FRD
- Training and Outreach Materials for Restricted Data and Formerly Restricted Data - Brochure
- A Classification Overview of Restricted Data (RD) and Formerly Restricted Data (FRD) - Brochure
- U.S. Department of Energy Subject Area Indicators and Key Word List for Restricted Data and Formerly Restricted Data - Booklet