- RESidual RADiation (RESRAD) Family of Codes:
REDRAD family of Codes are a series of software codes developed by Argonne National Labs (ANL) which are designed to estimate radiation doses and risks from RESidual RADioactive materials. The RESRAD computer codes are important tools that are widely used by the Department, other Federal agencies, and the commercial nuclear industry as well as by international organizations and businesses engaged in the remediation of areas contaminated with radioactive materials.
- Radiation Risk Assessment Software: The Clean Air Act Assessment Package(CAP88) and CAP88 PC
The Clean Air Act Assessment Package(CAP88) and CAP88 PC CAP-88 is an EPA Software designed for the assessment of dose and risk from radionuclide emissions to air in order to be in compliance with the National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAPs) for Radionuclides.
- Center for Radiation Protection Knowledge at ORNL:
This Center is an activity of the Dosimetry Research Team at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL). This Center is responsible for the formulation, implementation, and maintenance of dosimetric methodologies used by federal agencies in occupational and environmental radiation protection, risk assessment, and radioepidemiology. The Center provides the radiologic, anatomic, dosimetric, and biokinetic data and models used to compute the dose to tissues of the body for various radiation exposures or radionuclide intakes.
- MARSSIM (Multi-Agency Radiation Survey and Site Investigation Manual)
- MARSSIM Manual
- Request for MARSSIM Revision Input 2 The MARSSIM Steering Committee comprised by members of the DOE, EPA, DoD and the NRC, will be revising the MARSSIM manual. The need for a revision is based on new and best available technology, as well as the implementation of "lessons learned" since the development of MARSSIM. The MARSSIM Steering committee is requesting additional input from MARSSIM users around the country and from the different agencies that will help in the development and refinement for an improved MARSSIM document. The link above provides the request for input by the MARSSIM Steering Committee as well as the POC's and steps needed to provide contribution towards the revision of the MARSSIM.
- MARSAME (Multi Agency Radiation Survey and Assessment of Materials and Equipment) Manual (DOE/HS-0004)l Large quantities of materials and equipment (M&E) potentially affected by radioactivity are present throughout the United States. The potential for residual radioactivity can come from use of source, byproduct, and special nuclear materials as well as naturally occurring radioactive material (NORM), naturally occurring and accelerator-produced radioactive materials (NARM) and technologically enhanced naturally occurring radioactive material (TENORM). This M&E may be commercial, research, education, or defense related.
- Multi-Agency Radiological Laboratory Analytical Protocols Manual (MARLAP) The Multi-Agency Radiological Laboratory Analytical Protocols Manual addresses the need for a nationally consistent approach to producing radioanalytical laboratory data that meet a project's or program's data requirements.