The DOE established a chronic beryllium disease prevention program (CBDPP) to reduce the number of workers currently exposed to beryllium in the course of their work at DOE facilities managed by DOE or its contractors, minimize the levels of, and potential for, exposure to beryllium, and establish medical surveillance requirements to ensure early detection of the disease.
POLICY AND RULEMAKING
- Chronic Beryllium Disease Prevention Program, (10 CFR 850)
- 10 CFR 850 (2006 Amendments)
- Clarification of 10 CFR Part 850, § 850.34(g), May 21, 2002
- 10 CFR 850, Request for Information (12/23/2010)
- DOE G 440.1-7A, Implementation Guide for use with 10 CFR 850
IMPLEMENTATION ASSISTANCE AND TOOLS
- Beryllium-Associated Worker Registry - The goal of the registry is to determine the incidence and prevalence of beryllium sensitization and chronic beryllium disease (CBD).
- Interactive Guide to Working Safely with Beryllium and Beryllium-containing Materials, video, courtesy of Brush Wellman, Inc.
- About Beryllium
- Communicating Health Risks, Working Safely with Beryllium
- BeLPT Sensitivity and Specificity
- Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act
- Former Worker Medical Screening Program
- Beryllium Health and Safety Committee