The Vehicle Technologies Office releases a variety of reports and publications to describe the results of its research and development, summarize data collected, and educate the public about advanced and alternative fuel vehicle technologies.
- Annual Merit Review Report: Summarizes the results of the Annual Merit Review and Peer Evaluation, where advanced vehicle technologies projects funded by VTO are presented and reviewed for their merit.
- Annual Research and Development Reports: Describes the research results and accomplishments for that year in each of the six subprogram areas.
- Plans and Roadmaps: Describes approaches that VTO will take towards research and development in the coming years.
- Vehicle Technologies Market Report: Details the major trends in vehicles, including the U.S. light-duty car and medium/heavy-duty truck markets.
- Transportation Energy Data Book: Compiles data on transportation, including light and heavy-duty vehicles, vehicle fleets, and consumer behavior.
- Clean Cities Annual Metrics Report: Summarizes the accomplishments of VTO’s Clean Cities deployment program, which supports the use of alternative fuel vehicles and other petroleum reduction strategies.
- Alternative Fuel Vehicle Publications: Lists publications by VTO and other sources about alternative fuel and advanced technology vehicles on VTO's Alternative Fuels Data Center