To accomplish the goals of the SunShot Initiative, the U.S. Department of Energy Solar Energy Technologies Office supports funding opportunities on photovoltaics, concentrating solar power, systems integration, technology to market, and soft costs projects. Following an open, competitive solicitation process, these funding opportunities encourage collaborative partnerships among industry, universities, national laboratories, federal, state, and local governments and non-government agencies and advocacy groups. Solicitations may include financial or technical assistance.
To receive notice of new funding opportunities from SunShot, please subscribe to our email newsletter mailing list.
Open Funding Opportunities
- Funding Opportunity Announcement: Photovoltaics Research and Development 2: Modules and Systems (PVRD2) - Mandatory Letter of Intent due December 1, 2016
- Funding Opportunity Announcement: Technology to Market 3 (Incubator 12, SolarMat 5) - Concept papers due December 12, 2016
- Funding Opportunity Announcement: Solar Forecasting 2 - Concept papers due December 30, 2016
- Funding Opportunity Announcement: Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer (SBIR/STTR) - 2017 Phase 1, Release 2 - Applications due February 7, 2017
- Prize Competition: Solar in Your Community Challenge - Applications due March 17, 2017
Closed Funding Opportunities -- Applications Now in Review
- Funding Opportunity Announcement: Enabling Extreme Real-Time Grid Integration of Solar Energy (ENERGISE)
Other Funding Opportunities
Learn more about related funding opportunities outside of the SunShot Initiative.