The U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science has selected for award six Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR)-Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) proposals targeting advances in solid-state lighting (SSL) technology:
- PhosphorTech Corporation: Hybrid Down-Converting Structures for Solid State Lighting
- Lumisyn, LLC: High Performance Colloidal Nanocrystals
- Vadient Optics LLC: Alternative Interconnect Manufacturing
- OLEDWorks, LLC: Development of High Efficiency White OLEDs Using Thermally Activated Delayed Fluorescence Emitters
- UbiQD, LLC: Nonradiative Recombination Pathways in Noncarcinogenic Quantum Dot Composites
- SC Solutions Inc.: Real Time Learning Temperature Control for Increased Throughput in LED Manufacturing
These new SBIR-STTR FY16 Phase I Release 1 awards will explore the technical merits and commercial feasibility of an innovative concept or technology that is directly associated with the SSL program’s R&D Plan. Learn more about these awards.
The SBIR-STTR program within the DOE Office of Science seeks to increase the participation of small businesses in federally sponsored innovative and novel research and development. To learn more about this program, visit http://science.energy.gov/sbir/.