The Golden Field Office was designated a Department of Energy (DOE) field office in December 1992 to support the development and commercialization of renewable energy and energy-efficient technologies. As a field office within DOE's Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Office, Golden's mission is to award grants and manage contracts for clean energy projects, facilitate research and development partnerships to support those technologies, and oversee the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), the only national lab solely dedicated to researching and developing renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies.
To ensure that grants and projects meet regulatory requirements, Golden's Federal and contractor staff provide expertise in the legal, environmental, contract management and administrative fields.
The Golden Field Office Reading Room site includes public documents that were created after Nov. 1, 1996 under the Electronic Freedom of Information Act Amendment of 1996. These include documents related to National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) reviews and operation of the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL). Most documents are available in Adobe Acrobat (PDF).
This Reading Room includes information on how to make a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request, and an e-foia online request form. In addition, this Reading Room includes proactive disclosures of documents released in advance of any public request as well as releases of frequently requested documents under FOIA.
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Electronic Reading Room
National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Documents
- Categorical Exclusions (CX)
- DRAFT Environmental Assessments (EAs) and Notice of Scoping/Availability
- FINAL Environmental Assessments (EAs) and FONSIs
- DRAFT Environmental Impact Statements (EISs) and Notice of Scoping/Availability
- FINAL Environmental Impact Statements (EISs)
- Other NEPA Documents
National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) Documents
- NREL Prime Contract
- NREL Environmental and NEPA Documents
- NREL DRAFT Environmental Assessments (EAs) and Notice of Scoping/Availability
- Other NREL Documents
EERE Environmental Questionnaire for OMB Review; Comment Request
Office of Acquisition (OA) Documents
- DE-SOL-0005186 Technical Development Support Services
- DE-SOL-0005195 Business Administration Support Services
- DE-SOL-0005219 Conference Logistics Support Services
- DE-SOL-0005625 Communications Support Services
- DE-SOL-0005538 Better Buildings Initiative Support Services
U.S. Department of Energy
Golden Field Office
15013 Denver West Parkway
Golden, Colorado 80401
Golden, Colorado 80401-3393
Main Number: 720-356-1800