An air-intake structure outside this high-performance federal building lowers energy costs by taking in chilly night air to cool the building's data center.
The Federal Energy Management Program provides information and guidance that helps agencies meet federal laws and requirements and achieve sustainable buildings and campuses.
Start making buildings and campuses sustainable by learning about:
- Guiding Principles for Sustainable Federal Buildings
- Energy efficiency in existing buildings and new construction or modernization
- Large Campus Innovative Change Initiative
- Climate Change Adaptation and Resiliency Planning
- Interagency Sustainability Working Group
- Notices and rules related to federal energy management
- Building energy codes for non-federal buildings.
Resources for making buildings and campuses sustainable are also available.