Many resources are available to help Federal agencies implement energy savings performance contracts (ESPCs).
Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity Energy Savings Performance Contracts
Provides an introduction to Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) ESPCs.
- ESPC IDIQ Contract Sample
- ESPC IDIQ Contract Modifications
Guidance and Frequently Asked Questions
Offers information intended to enhance and clarify ESPC authority and provide policy guidance to agencies that are starting an ESPC, have a project underway, or have already awarded an ESPC.
- ESPC FAQ
- Practical Guide to Savings and Payments in ESPC Task Orders
- Refinancing Guidance
- Utility Rates and Weather Normalization
- Bundling of Energy Conservation Measures Under ESPC for Determination of Life Cycle Cost Effectiveness
- Guidance on New Construction under an Energy Savings Performance Contract
Acquisition Planning and Processes
Outlines processes and considerations to help Federal agencies begin U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) ESPC planning.
- ESPC Best Practices
- Tri-Party Agreement Template and Sample
- Risk, Responsibility, and Performance Matrix (IDIQ Attachment J-7)
- Fine Tuning for Best-Value ESPC Deals Using the Responsibility Matrix
- Introduction to Measurement and Verification (M&V) for FEMP ESPC Projects
- M&V Planning Tool
FEMP Assistance and Project Facilitation
Includes templates and sample statements of work for engaging a Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) project facilitator.
- FEMP Services Interagency Agreement Templates
- Typical Statement of Work (for ESPC Project)
- FEMP Support to Preliminary Assessment for ESPC Project
- Optional Services for ESPC Project
Energy Service Company Selection, Project Kickoff, Preliminary Assessment
Guides Federal agencies through selecting an energy service company (ESCO), project kickoff and preliminary assessment activities.
- Overview of the ESCO Selection Process and FEMP ESPC Templates
- Acquisition Plan Strategy and Guidance
- FEMP Suggested ESPC Milestone Plan
- Preparation of the Notice of Opportunity
- ESCO Expression of Interest
- ESCO Expression of Interest Evaluation Worksheet
- Letter to Unsuccessful Company
- Letter to Successful Company
- Form for Case Studies and References
- Oral Presentation Guidance
- Preliminary Assessment Template
- Preliminary Assessment Review for Federal ESPCs
Final Proposal and Award
Includes guidance documents and resources surrounding the final ESPC proposal and awarding contracts to selected ESCOs.
- eProject Builder
- Task Order Request for Proposal (RFP) Prescriptive Template for DOE ESPCs
- ESPC Energy Conservation Measure Benchmarking Costs Support
- Investment-Grade Audit Kickoff Meeting Agenda
- Task Order Financial Schedules (IDIQ Attachment J-6)
- Descriptions of Task Order Schedules and Placement of Pricing Information (IDIQ Attachment J-5)
- Determining Price Reasonableness in Federal ESPCs
- Task Order Price Evaluation Worksheet
- Investor's Deal Summary (IDIQ Attachment J-11)
- Standard Financing Offer (IDIQ Attachment J-12)
- Congressional Notification of ESPCs
- Pre-Award Deliverables Sample (First Part of Sample Deliverables for Task Orders, IDIQ Attachment. J-4)
- Face Page Template
- Planning for Life of Contract
Measurement and Verification Plan
Features guidance documents and samples to help Federal agencies create M&V plans.
- Example M&V Plan for an ESPC Project
- M&V Plan and Savings Calculations Methods Outline (IDIQ Attachment J-8)
- Reviewing M&V Plans for Federal ESPC Projects
Implementation, Construction, Project Acceptance
Provides guidance on navigating the implementation stage of ESPC projects.
- Post-Award Meeting Agenda Items
- Commissioning Guidance for DOE ESPCs
- Post-Award Deliverables Sample (Second Part of Sample Deliverables for Task Orders, IDIQ Attachment. J-4)
- Guidelines, Checklist, and Contract Clauses for Government Acceptance of DOE ESPC Projects
- ESPC Past Performance Questionnaire
Post-Installation and Annual Measurement and Verification Performance Reports
Details requirements and guidance for producing and reviewing post-installation and annual M&V reports; Includes guidance to help Federal agencies sustain effective administration of the contract throughout its term and ensure that guaranteed savings are delivered.
- Post-Installation Report Outline (IDIQ Attachment J-9)
- Annual Report Outline (IDIQ Attachment J-10)
- Guide to Government Witnessing and Review of Measurement and Verification Activities
- Reviewing Post-Installation and Annual Reports for Federal ESPC Projects
- DOE ESPC Life of Contract Plan Template
Measurement and Verification
Details the execution of M&V activities to determine performance and cost savings across DOE ESPCs.
- FEMP M&V Guidelines Version 3.0
- DRAFT M&V Guidelines Version 4.0
- International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol (IPMVP)
- How to Determine and Verify Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Savings in Federal ESPCs
Operations and Maintenance, Continuous Commissioning, and Retro-Commissioning
Covers ongoing O&M and commissioning activities through the life of the completed ESPC project.
- Including Retro-Commissioning in Federal ESPCs
- Example Retro-Commissioning Statement of Work to Include Services as Part of an ESPC Detailed Energy Survey
- Planning and Reporting for O&M in Federal ESPCs
- FEMP O&M Best Practices Guide
Life Cycle Costing Tools
Helps Federal agencies implement energy- and water-efficiency projects.