Renewable energy increases energy security, creates jobs, and powers our clean energy economy.
Renewable energy leveraged from natural, renewable resources delivers electricity, heating, cooling, and other applications to Federal facilities and fleets. By using renewable energy, Federal agencies increase national security, conserve natural resources, and meet regulatory requirements and goals. The Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) provides assistance and resources to help Federal agencies evaluate and implement renewable energy technologies.
- Federal Requirements: Look up requirements related to renewable energy
- Renewable Resources and Technologies: Browse resources and technologies with an emphasis on Federal applications
- Project Planning: Read about assessing and implementing renewable energy technologies to meet goals and requirements
- Project Assistance: Get assistance in identifying and implementing renewable energy technologies
- Resource Maps and Screening Tools: Browse a collection of maps and tools to screen for potential renewable energy projects
- Purchasing Renewable Power: Look up available options to purchase renewable power and renewable energy certificates
- Case Studies: Read examples of renewable energy projects conducted by Federal agencies
- Training: Find on-demand training about Federal renewable energy requirements, technologies, and best practices
- Contacts: Find contact information for FEMP renewable energy support staff.
The Guide to Integrating Renewable Energy in Federal Construction is also available.