This Excel workbook (version 7-0) is a tool to use for comprehensive reporting of fiscal year 2016 for energy, costs, square footage, and associated operational data for calculating and reporting greenhouse gas data. This document is to be used by top-tier federal departments and agencies.
This Data Report collects agency-aggregated data necessary for calculating scope 1, 2, and 3 greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in the commonly used, native units of energy consumption and fugitive emissions, as well as activity data for estimating scope 3 indirect emissions. It provides users with the summation of their calculated emissions, as well as the performance results for other energy/sustainability goals.
In addition to providing reporting capability for Executive Order (E.O.) 13693 GHG goals, the Data Report collects required data elements for measuring agency progress toward:
- Facility energy intensity reduction goals under E.O. 13693
- Renewable electricity use requirement under 42 U.S.C. 15852 and clean energy use requirement under E.O. 13693
- Potable water intensity reduction and reporting for non-potable industrial, landscaping, and agricultural use under E.O. 13693
- Facility metering requirements under 42 U.S.C. 8253(e)
- Compliance with federal energy-efficiency standards for new construction under 10 CFR Parts 433, 434, and 435, 72 FR 72565
- Energy-efficiency and renewable energy investment information for FY 2016.
The Data Report also accepts outputs from the Federal Automotive Statistical Tool (FAST) to calculate the GHG emissions from federal covered fleet fuel use.