At the Multimaterial Joining Workshop (held in Chicago, IL, on July 23, 2012), subject matter experts from industry and academia described their views on state-of-the-art technologies, opportunities, and manufacturing challenges. Multimaterial joining techniques are important to diverse industries such as automotive, aerospace, rail, consumer goods, and medical devices. Further development of multimaterial joining technologies can lead to more reliable and low-cost multimaterial joints and welds for commercial and industrial applications.
- Multimaterial Workshop Overview - Stephen Sikirica, DOE Advanced Manufacturing Office
- Joining of Advanced Thermoplastics - Ed Herderick, Edison Welding Institute
- Multimaterial Joining Paradigm - Glenn Daehn, Ohio State University
- Multimaterial Joining: Challenges and Opportunities - Zhili Feng, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Welding of Dissimilar Materials Combinations for Automotive Applications - Jerry Gould, Edison Welding Institute