The Department of Energy (DOE) administers Department-wide health, safety, security and environmental policy, programs and guidance, and related federal requirements that support DOE’s mission accomplishment in a safe, secure and environmentally responsible manner. This site provides a centralized topical resource for enforceable DOE and federal health, safety and security requirements and related guidance documents. DOE’s guidance documents support understanding, ensure technical and management capabilities and collaborative improvement efforts.
REQUIREMENTS AND GUIDANCE DOCUMENTS CAN BE LOCATED UNDER “RELATED LINKS” AND BY TOPICAL AREA BELOW:
- ASSISTANCE – Federal Technical Capabilities Program requirements
- CLASSIFICATION – statutes, regulations and directives for DOE’s Classification Program and Unclassified Controlled Nuclear Information and Official Use Only
- ENFORCEMENT – enforceable rules, regulations and guidance related to worker health and safety and chronic beryllium disease prevention, nuclear safety policy, hazard and accident analysis, facility design and operation, training; and classified information security.
- OVERSIGHT - DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY OVERSIGHT POLICY (DOE P 226.1B) establishes “DOE expectations for the implementation of a comprehensive and robust oversight process that enables the Department’s mission to be accomplished effectively and efficiently while maintaining the highest standard of performance for safety and security.”
- NUCLEAR SAFETY - Nuclear Safety Policy, Reactor Safety Design Criteria, Quality Assurance, Conduct of Operations, Differing Professional Opinions for Technical Issues related to environment, safety and health; facility and programmatic safety directives