The College of Legacy Management (CLM) provides DOE program offices with access to the types of training that enables LM to execute its mission of protecting human health and the environment. CLM strives to:
- Encourage a high-quality workforce
- Ensure employees get the right skills, at the right time
- Empower employees to take charge of their own careers through accessible training
- Retain a best-in-class workforce by providing learning opportunities
- Maintain and share mission-critical knowledge
- Increase performance through the development of strong leaders
- Remain one of the best places to work in the Federal Government by investing in education
CLM is a gateway to professional development opportunities including courses, workshops, and conferences. Training covers topics ranging from site orientations, emergency preparedness, and records management to renewable energy, environmental justice, and waste management.
The Office of Legacy Management (LM) mission requires a broad range of education, training, and technical skills and the College of Legacy Management (CLM) supports LM’s commitment to improving staff capabilities and encouraging employee development. The mission of the CLM is to provide U.S. Department of Energy employees with the necessary training to further their professional development and to provide them with the essential skills for fulfilling the Department’s post-closure responsibilities.