Energy Student Ambassadors organize, facilitate, and execute peer-to-peer outreach activities on their college campuses to:
- Increase knowledge and awareness about the Energy Department and our mission.
- Increase interest in job opportunities at the Energy Department, especially for underrepresented groups such as minorities and women and girls in STEM fields.
- Further our energy related outreach, including promotion of energy/environmental conservation, green jobs, and market transformation.
Energy Student Ambassadors serve as the primary link between their universities and the Energy Department's latest entry-level job opportunities. Related outreach activities include:
- Presentations to faculty and staff
- Branding events and competitions
- Targeted job information sessions
- Educating peers on the new government hiring process (Pathways Program)
Applications for the 2012-2013 school year are now closed. If you have questions about the program or would like to apply next year, get in touch with Kimberly Chappell at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202) 287-6054.