The Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) is the largest and most successful workplace charitable giving drive in the world, and it offers Federal employees the opportunity to donate to over 2,000 local, national, or international charities through universal giving. Find approved charities that you believe in by using the CFC search tool or by downloading the Catalog of Caring.
The Energy Department encourages you to join in this effort so that we can give together. As the CFC enters its seventh decade of giving, it is more important than ever to join together and provide aid to those in need.
DOE particularly encourages eGiving--it is quick, easy, and secure. You can make an electronic donation through the CFC eGive page with the option of contributing by credit/debit card, electronic check, or payroll deduction. Paperless payroll deduction is the preferred donating option for the CFC. It reduces costs, improves accuracy, and is more convenient for the donor.
To eGive through a pay roll deduction you must first obtain the codes for the charities you wish to give to and your office’s CFC Reporting Unit Code. You can find the codes for your charities in the 2014 Catalog of Caring or ask your CFC Keyworker for a paper copy of the catalog. Follow these steps to use myPay for a payroll deduction:
- First, find your organization's 7 digit CFC code. For employees working in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, a complete list is available here.
- Next, log in to your DOE Employee Self-Serve (ESS) account at https://mis.doe.gov/ess
- Mouse over the "Pay" tab and click on "Earnings Statement".
- On the MyPay page, click on "Combined Federal Campaign." Follow the simple instructions posted there. Note that when prompted for your office location or code provided, please enter your organization's 7-digit code that you looked up in the first step.
- Now go put on your cape--- you're a Superhero!
To eGive with a one-time contribution by credit/debit card or eletronic check, visit the CFC National Capital Area website. At the first visit to the site you must register. At the second visit you should login with the User Name and Password you created. Follow the instructions to make a one-time contribution.
You can also use the traditional manual method for contributing by attaining a CFC Pledge Form from your Keyworker. You can give with cash, check, credit/debit card, or payroll deduction using this option.
When you make a donation, you have the option of releasing your personal information to the charity or charities you have chosen to support. You can either give anonymously or provide your personal email or home address, as well as the amount of your pledges.