The Energy Departments headquarters at the Forrestal Building in Washington, DC. | Energy Department photo, credit Quentin Kruger.
Every day on Energy.gov, we strive to provide you with the latest updates on how the Energy Department is meeting its mission. From innovative research at our National Labs to progress in advancing the Presidents climate agenda, Energy.gov online content is part of our ongoing commitment to share who we are, what we do and why it matters to you.
Moving forward, Energy.gov continues to evolve. Since the launch of the Energy Blog in 2010, we’ve added several new blogs to our roster. These blogs, shared from the perspective of Energy Department program offices, provide you with new ways to stay engaged with us. Here’s a quick rundown of program-specific blog content to explore:
- Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) Blog: Just launched today, The new EERE Blog will share updates on current projects, interviews with energy experts and feature stories on EERE technology offices. Read their first post highlighting wind energy development in South Dakota.
- Office of Economic Impact and Diversity (ED) Blog: The ED blog highlights the Department’s efforts to promote diversity and inclusion, support small businesses and advance Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) career and education opportunities for underrepresented communities. Read their latest post on the Minorities in Energy Initiative kickoff event.
- Office of Electricity Delivery & Energy Reliability (OE) Blog: Stay up to date on the Department’s efforts to advance a resilient, reliable and secure electric grid by following the OE blog. Check out a recent blog from OE director Pat Hoffman: Innovating to Meet the Evolving Cyber Challenge.
- Office of Environmental Management (EM) News: For the latest developments on EM-related projects and sites across the country, follow their News page. Check out a recent blog post from EM News highlighting an age-old yet highly effective distillation process: Idaho Site Taps Old World Process to Treat Nuclear Waste.
- Office of Indian Energy Blog: Visit the Office of Indian Energy blog for updates on the Department’s work to promote Indian energy policies and initiatives. Read their recent clean energy project feature: Fuel Waste Helps Power Two Tribes.
As we continue working to improve delivery of Energy Department information and services on Energy.gov, we want to hear from you. Share your feedback and perspectives on our growing blog roster, interactive content and other site features on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and via email at email@example.com.